Friday, October 4, 2013

Artist Profile: Liz Frank

Hello everyone, I’d like to introduce to you Liz Frank, the founder of Squirrel Creek Creations!  I sat down with Liz to ask her a few questions for our first artist profile.  Let’s see what she said!




Q:  How do you come up with project ideas?

A:  By using what I find inspiring and going from there. Wolves, Nature, fantasy and steampunk are my main inspirations currently.



Q:  Are there any projects you've made that you didn't want to sell?

A:  I feel a little sad with everything I sell because a bit of me is in everything I make. The two I've been most sad to see go was my red-tailed hawk mask and my first plague doctor.

Q:  What's your favorite Cephalopod and why?

A:  I love all the squid! They're so intelligent and cute!

Q:  What advice would you give to a new artist or crafter?

A:  Those who have given up on their dreams will encourage you to do the same. Never ever give up!

Q:  You recently quit your full time job to focus on Squirrel Creek Creations full time.  What's one thing you wish you knew when you started doing art for a living?

A:  Better time management!

Q:  The Squirrel Creek team travels a lot to conventions and other events.  What's it like going to so many conventions?

A:  It's completely amazing! I always wanted to go to an anime convention when I was younger, but never got around to it. Now in the past year I've been to 6! I love meeting new people and seeing the same ones come back. I love the cosplay and creativity that's everywhere. But mostly I love the atmosphere. Everyone is happy and accepting! I look forward to conventions more than almost anything!




Q:  One last question!  Beatles or Johnny Cash?

A:  Johnny Cash. Hands down. 

Thanks Liz!  

No comments:

Post a Comment