Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Update

Good afternoon!  This is Kym Lewis from Squirrel Creek Creations.

Just sat down with my cup of coffee and wanted to give a quick update of what's happening with the Squirrel Creek Critters.  Liz Frank and her husband are busy moving into a new house, with more room for crafting and video games!  She's also been very productive lately, with several new mask designs.

My husband Lance and I were at my parent's house last night for a rousing game of scrabble.  It came down to just a few points, and my parents squeaked out their second win in 5 years.  While we were there, my mom, Lynn, showed us her new black steampunk rabbit mask.  It looked great, with a black base and copper accents.  It should be listed in our Etsy store soon.

Lance has been working on some new monocle and eyepatch designs, and including lights!  The tests I've seen so far look way cool.  He's also working on some belts.  They all get cut to size when you order for a perfect fit and include a buckle.  There's even belts that match some of the bracers he's made!  In addition to working on his own crafting, Lance has been editing the Fox Mask tutorial that we filmed recently.  I remember when we filmed Liz for the Sun and Moon mask kit.  She's such a natural on camera, I have a lot to live up to!  We'll do voice overs this week, and have it ready to sell when we go to Tour the Town in Fond Du Lac.

Lance and I will be there Friday, October 18th from 5 to 8 at the Gallery & Frame Shop.  It's a family run business owned by Lance's sister, Julie and started by his father!  We don't get to visit his home town often, so we're looking forward to being there for a great local event.  This is a wonderful chance for last minute Halloween costume shopping, or to get a jump on Christmas gifts!  Come say hi if you're in the area!

Meanwhile, I'm finishing a few projects.  It feels like my craft work is a hydra; as soon as one project is done, it seems three more have started!  That's okay though, I like to have ten things going at once and am getting better at actually finishing things before I get bored or frustrated.  On top of that, I'm getting ready to head out to D.C. for a wedding!  I love getting to see family and hang out in D.C.; it always reminds me of when Liz and I used to go visit our dad when we were kids.  I wonder if any of the pigeons we used to chase are still around?  How long do pigeons live?

I think that's all the news from Squirrel Creek for today!  Have a great day!
- Kym Lewis





No comments:

Post a Comment